- Target group: PhD students Language: German or English Registration: anytime Number of participants: individual
If you are unable to attend the counselling session, please cancel in good time so that I can assign the appointment to someone else.
I am happy to make appointments by telephone or in writing, online or on site.
The doctorate is an extensive and time-consuming research project that must be mastered with a great deal of stamina, passion and motivation, in addition to numerous other challenges in this usually turbulent phase of life. Often the research and writing process is interrupted by professional tasks, fluctuating motivation, difficulties in focusing goals, blockades in the writing process and much more. Sometimes you just need some good advice or a little motivational help to be able to resume your work in a concentrated way.
In my writing counselling, I am available to you as a contact person, support you individually with your questions and also advise you on the following topics:
- Write synopsis
- Develop research and project plan
- Start and limit project
- Structure material
- Writing and revising
- Developing a writing habit
- Time management and self-organisation
- Doing a doctorate without plagiarising
- Publishing during the doctorate
- Preparing the dissertation for publication
- Motivation (and its possible lack)
Dr. Simone Brandes is a trained coach (DCV-certified training) and has been working as a writing consultant and coach in the philGRAD Graduate Academy for more than 6 years.